Seven Secrets About High-Quality Acrylic Shower Enclosures and Tub Wall Kits
One of the latest trends in bathroom renovations concerns acrylic shower enclosures and bathroom enclosures. Both of these products get rid of the ceramic wall tile used for shower walls and tub walls.
As people’s lives have become more active and busy, they have less time to spend cleaning the grout and joints found with tiled walls. Instead of wasting an afternoon trying to remove mold, mildew, and stains, they would rather be out having fun with friends and family. By replacing the tile with an acrylic wall system, keeping the shower and tub clean become a quick and painless chore.
While you might already know a little about acrylic bathroom wall kits, there are some other great secrets to still discover. These secrets are only because the acrylic wall panels are just starting to become trendy here in the United States. Overseas, they are already very popular.
- Acrylic shower and tub panels come in a variety of colors and styles. You can choose from faux-tile looking panels to luxury panels that give the appearance of colored glass. Since there is such a variety of colors and styles available, it is easy to find the right wall kits to fit your budget.
- The color of the shower and wall panels will not fade or stain. One issue with ceramic tiles is they can get stained over time. They can also start to fade with age from repeated cleaning and any exposure to sunlight. With acrylic wall panel kits, this is not an issue.
- There is no grout maintenance required. The wall panels are glued to the wall and are a solid piece design. You will never have to use a toothbrush to scrub and clean the grout again. Nor will you need to have your contractor remove the grout every few years and apply new grout to address problems with staining, mold, and mildew.
- High-quality acrylic shower and tub panels are not the same as those “one-piece” tub systems. You may have seen advertisements for one-piece tub systems that install over existing tubs and tiles or which can be installed in a single day. High-quality acrylic shower and tub panels include several sections that are used with an existing tub or shower. You can also install the panels when installing a new tub or shower pan.
- Mold and mildew are no longer a problem or difficult to remove. Acrylic wall kits are resistant to mold and mildew. Should you forget to clean your shower for several months, and mold and mildew do start to form, getting rid of it is as easy as using an approved cleaning product and wiping it away.
- You can order customized sizes for wall panels to fit custom shower and tub installs. You are not limited to standardized sizes like you are with some wall products. You can have wall panels custom made to fit a specific wall space for a custom shower or tub.
- Installing acrylic tub and shower enclosure kits can be a DIY project. If you like doing your own bathroom renovations and have the right skills, installing new tub and shower wall panels is not that difficult or complicated. You just need to make sure you have the right tools on hand and use the right adhesives.
Whether you are planning a complete bathroom renovation project or are just simply tired of cleaning tub and shower wall tile, upgrading to trendy acrylic tub and shower panels will give you a stunning looking bathroom that is easy to keep clean.
To learn more about our tub and shower enclosure kits, please feel free to browse our online store. Do not hesitate to contact us at American Bath Enterprises, Inc. by calling (888) 228-4925 if you have further questions or need assistance.