1) What colors are available?
AmeriWall™, AccessaBath™ and our composite shower pans are available in one (1) color, White.
2) Is AmeriWall™ available with a smooth surface finish?
No. AmeriWall™ is only available with the look of 4” textured, ceramic tile and simulated grout lines.
3) Can AmeriWall™ be installed over tile or other enclosure materials?
No. Due to our unique 3D product design that is 5/8” thick, AmeriWall™ should only be installed over building code approved sheetrock or wallboard materials.
4) Will AmeriWall™ crack or discolor over time?
After the installation of more than 80,000 AmeriWall™ enclosures, there has been no evidence of short term or long term cracking or discoloration.
5) Can I install an AmeriWall™ or AccessaBath™ system myself?
Yes. AmeriWall™ is very easy to install if one follows our illustrated installation instructions. However, a complete AccessaBath™ shower system requires the basic plumbing skills and experience necessary to install a water control valve, industry standard shower pans with a nailing flange, seats and grab bars.
6) What is the difference between TA, TG and SA AmeriWall™ model numbers?
TA & TG AmeriWall™ bath enclosures are designed to be installed over most industry bath tubs with a nailing flange. SA AmeriWall™ shower enclosures are designed to be installed over most industry standard shower pans with nailing flange.
7) Are molded soap dishes available on all AmeriWall™ enclosures?
Yes. All TA & TG AmeriWall™ enclosures are manufactured with a standard style bath tub soap dish, located on the center of the back wall at 6” height. An additional elongated shower style soap dish is available on either of the side walls for an additional charge. All standard SA AmeriWall™ shower enclosures can be manufactured with or without an elongated shower style soap dish which is normally located on the fixture wall. However, it can be located on either side wall.
8) Can an AmeriWall™ shower enclosure be installed over anything other than a prefabricated industry standard shower pan?
No. AmeriWall™ is not designed to be installed below the water line.
9) Can AmeriWall™ be cut or trimmed to fit my application?
All TA and SA AmeriWall™ models are designed so the left side of the back wall can be trimmed to the width of the application. Our TG models are designed to allow only the width of the side walls to be trimmed. We do not recommend any modifications to the top, bottom or outside edges of AmeriWall™.
10) Are custom size AmeriWall™ bath and shower enclosures available?
Some AmeriWall™ bath and shower enclosure side walls are available in custom widths for an additional charge.
11) Will AmeriWall™ accept ADA compliant grab bars and folding seats?
Yes. If those fixtures are the proper design and are installed with appropriate wall preparation.
12) What is the shipping cost for an AmeriWall™ or AccessaBath™ shower system?
Shipping cost will vary depending on the model, quantity and shipment destination. Please call our office toll free at (888) 228-4925 for a no obligation estimate.